Sunday, April 20, 2014

Introduction To Black Sheep Speaks

Welcome to the black sheep blog.


Here you will have an opportunity to share your innermost thoughts, feelings and ideas with me, a self-described black sheep. I will be blogging about my own thoughts, feelings and emotions on topics that can be considered sensitive, awkward, and difficult to pin down.

Yet, these topics are the very subjects that help us define ourselves by our morality, ethics, religious views, knowledge and day to day living standards.

Here are glimpses of what you will find within this blog:

"You'll never be a success," my dad remarked recently out of the blue. "You have bad genes." How would you respond to that? I'll tell you how I did.

I finally called it quits. Until now, I am not what you'd normally call a quitter. But, I discovered that sometimes NOT quitting is easier than quitting, Quitting is hard because you have to make a change. You have to do something different. I'll tell you more about how quitting was the right thing for me. Quitting isn't failure. Instead, you fail yourself when you don't stop the pain.

It just is. Life is not fair. And the more we try to make it fair, the more unfair it becomes. I reflect on how by the very nature of us being born to families we do not choose, we have already entered into the lottery of life.

As a child, I always dreamed of living on my own private sanctuary so I could relieve as much pain in the world as possible for both animals and humans. While I am far from reaching this utopian goal, I strive to exact minimal damage to the environment and sentient beings by living according to my conscience on a horse farm with a husband who is dedicated to helping support these dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment